| Child Tracking System - Validation & Updation-06
- To validate the data of 2005 and update the educational status of children for 2006-07.
- Printing and supply of GP Master list, Pre-school, In-school & Out-of-school formats to the CRCCs for use during validation & updation.
- Addition of new parameters like Achievement level of children.
- Invulvement of VEC members, PRI representatives, local youth and AW workers in the process.
Innovations during CTS V&U-06:-
- Correction of existing errors in the database.
- Addition of new records to include new born/ left out cases into the database.
- Updation of the educational status of children as per 2006-07.
- Used for planning process.
- Made web based and availability of comparative reports through Internet & Intranet.
- % of marks secured in Annual Exam of each In-school children was collected and fed to the database during validation & updation process.
This provided a system to track the achievement level of each child for subsequent years using his/her unique child code.
Provided information on the target area to work for enhancement of the quality of education.
CTS Updation -07:
- Linking achievement of students over a period of time in a school can measure teacher’s accountability.
- Training modules can be designed for teachers on basis of achievement level.
CTS Updation -08:
- The CTS Updation-07 has already been over & being converged with the Village Education Register (VER).
- Districts functionaries & BRCCs / CRCCS had supported the Village Education Committees (VECs) in the updation process.
- Guidelines were prepared for the entire process and necessary training on updation process were imparted to the District level functionaries.
- Directorate of IT had supported for the generation of VER from existing data, it’s computerization after updation and consulidation for output generation.
- The output from CTS updation 2007 have been used in preparation of AWP & B 2008-09, distribution of Mid Day Meals, implementation of MLE in proposed Schools.
Sustainability of the Project:
Sustainability is based on the following three issues –
- The Process of CTS Updation -08 at field level has already been over.
- The Computerization process of those validated data is under progress and expected to be completed by mid of May 09.
- The flash statistics from CTS Updation 2008 have been used in preparation of AWP & B 2009-10.
Utilization of the Project:-
Used by different Interventions of SSA/DPEP to provide benefit to the In-School and Out-of School children as follows.
- Reduction in financial requirements
- Sharing of ownership
- Mainstreaming with other systems of data collection.
Use of CTS data by other Departments :-
- Target based plan for In-School Children.
- Need based programme implementation of activities for gender and social categories.
- Area specific plan to bring back the identified out of school children into school.
- Providing further schooling facilities at identified areas where there is no access.
- Measurement of the achievement level and attendance rates of children and plan for the improvements.
- A Core committee is formed of the Secretaries of different departments under the Chairmanship of the Development Commissioner-cum-Additional Chief secretary, Govt. of Odisha for the use of the available data in CTS by all the concerned departments.
- WCD Department is using these data for the activities related to pre-school children and Mid-day meal provision for In-school children.
- ST&SC Department is using the list of tribal children for their course of action.
- Labor department is using the information to identify different categories of child labors in different places.
- Health & family welfare Department is using the information for immunization & health check-up of children.
- NGOs / Research organizations are using the information for their purpose.
- IT Department is coordinating the activities of these departments with provision of additional Hardware & Software supports.