Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO) is inviting online applications in respect of recruitment for the post of Technician ‘A’ under Defense Research & Development Organisation Technical Cadre (DRTC). The online application window is posted on their official website “www.drdo.gov.in” which had started on 03/06/2019 and will end soon on 26/06/2019. All the applicants who desire to be selected for the Tech. A post has to meet all the eligibility criteria stipulated by the DRDO Board in this regard. The applicants also need to pay a sum of money online at the time of registration as application fees.
Only those applicants’ application form would be accepted who fulfills all the eligibility criteria required for this post, which is detailed below-
- Educational Qualification– The candidate must have passed Xth Standard from a recognized board or institution, and Must obtain a Certificate from a recognised Industrial Training Institute in the required discipline.
- Age Limit– An applicant must fall in the age group of 18 years to 28 years to be eligible for this post. Upper age relaxation is allowed per the Government Rules in this regard for SC, ST, OBC, PWD, ESM, Widows, Divorced Women, Women judicially separated from their husbands who are not married again, etc.
The selection process for the DRDO Technician ‘A’ position consists of entry tests divided into two tiers i.e. Tier-I (CBT) and Tier-II (Trade Test). Tier-I test will be an online objective based test which will be a provisional selection test, whereas the Tier-II test will be qualifying in nature. Candidates who would be provisionally shortlisted will appear for the Tier-II test. Along with the Tier-II test, there will be a detailed document verification process too where all the shortlisted candidates have to bring all their identity proof, merit certificates, and all other documents stated by the board at the time of application.
Examination Date and Pattern
As of now, the DRDO board has not yet fixed any date for their Tier-I and Tier-II tests. The board has said that once the application process is completely done then they will be able to decide and finalize the Tier-I and Tier-II test dates. After the completion of the Tier-I test, the date for the Tier-II test will be announced. The applicants are advised to closely follow the DRDO website for any updates in this context.
The Tier-I will be an objective based test with multiple choice questions. And, the Tier-II test will be of ITI level in the respective trade, which will be conducted to test the applicant’s practical skills. Tier-I test will be of 120 minutes which is divided into two sections i.e. section A and section B. And, the Tier-II test will be of one to two hours duration.
Syllabus For The Two Tests:
1.) Tier-I Test–
- Section A: Question paper will test the candidates on their Quantitative Ability, General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, Basic English Language Knowledge and General Science Knowledge. This section will have 50 questions of 1 mark each with total marks coming to 50.
- Section B: It will test the candidates on their knowledge of their specific trade or discipline of post-code. This section will comprise of total 100 questions of 1 mark each, which brings the total to 100 marks. So, the Tier-I test will be of total of 150 marks.
- Tier-II Test– Tier-II test will have a question paper which will be on the specific trade to which the candidate belongs to or his discipline of post-code. In other words, the trade test will be the same as the ITI level examination in the same trade which will test the applicants’ practical skills.
Admit Card Dates For Both The Two Tests:
Currently, no specific dates have been announced by the DRDO board for the release of the admit card. But the board has confirmed that the link to download the admit will be published on their website at least two weeks prior to the test dates and will be active till the date of the examination. So the candidates must download the admit card well in advance to avoid any last moment technical hazards.
Steps To Download The Admit Card
The steps for downloading the admit card is simple and easy, which are as follows-
Step 1– Go to the official website of the DRDO board “www.drdo.gov.in”, which will land you to the homepage of the website and then navigate to the “What’s New” section available on the right-hand side of the homepage.
Step 2– In the “What’s New” section page, click on “CEPTAM-09/Tech ‘A’” Advertisement Notice” hyperlink.
Step 3– Now, click on the link with the title “DRDO Entry Test Admit Card for CEPTAM-09 Tier-I/II Examination, 2019-2020.”
Step 4– Now enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth (In YY-DD-MM Format) to log in to the website.
Step 5– Now, your admit card will appear on your screen. Cross-check all the details printed on the admit card like your name, age, date of birth, date, time and center of examination, etc.
Step 6– In the end, download the call letter and then take a print out of it.
Documents Required Along With The Admit Card:
Any one of the following government i.d. the proof is required in original-
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Voter’s Card
- PAN Card
- Class 10th Certificate
The candidates must affix a photograph the same one which they had uploaded at the time of registration on the admit card along with a photocopy of the identity proof to be carried in original.
Cut-Off Marks And Exam Result Dates:
Tier-I test cut-off marks have been fixed by the DRDO board which is 40% for Unreserved/Other Backward Classes Category candidates and 35% for SC/ST Category candidates. Currently, the DRDO board has not yet decided on the tests’ results dates, which they have said will be announced once both the Tier tests are over.