The Indian Air Force (IAF) has released an official notification online, inviting online applications from unmarried Indian/Nepalese male candidates to join as an Airmen in Group ‘X’ Trades (Excluding Education Instructor Trade) and Group ‘Y’ Trades (Excluding IAF Security and Musicians Trade). This recruitment by IAF will be for their 02/2020 batch, which is their second batch in this category. Per the notification, the online application link will be available on IAF official website airmenselection.cdac.in and careerindianairforce.cdac.in and the application window will open from 1st of July and end on 15th July 2019.
While applying online for the post, the applicants have to pay an amount online as an application fee to submit successfully submit his application form. Now, let us see through the eligibility criteria, exam date, syllabus, admit card and exam result dates to give you an overall knowledge about the recruitment drive.
For Group ‘X’
Must have passed 10th and 12th standard or any equivalent examination from a recognized board listed as COBSE member with Mathematics, Physics, and English Language, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate and 50% separately in the English Language.
Must have passed Three Years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream from a Government recognized Polytechnic Institute listed as COBSE member, securing 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English (if it is there in the course, otherwise class 10/12 English marks must be 50%).
For Group ‘Y’
Must have passed 10th and 12th standard or any equivalent examination in any stream from a Central or State recognized Board listed as COBSE member, securing 50% in aggregate and separately in English.
Must have passed Two Years Vocational Course from an Educational Board listed as COBSEa member, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate and separately in English (if it is there in the course, otherwise class 10/12 English marks must be 50%).
Group ‘Y’ For Medical Assistant Trade Only:
Must have passed 10th and 12th standard or any equivalent examination from an Educational Board listed as COBSE member with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate and 50% in English.
The candidates who were born between 19th July 1999 and 01 July 2003 (both inclusive) are eligible to apply for the post. The IAF has kept the upper age limit as on the date of registration as 21 years.
The selected candidates will have to undergo a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) at Basic training Institute, Belagavi (Karnataka). Only after successful completion of all the stages of the JBP Training i.e., the selected candidates will be deployed on jobs as per their allotted trades and once a trade is assigned to a candidate will not be changed on any ground or circumstances.
Exam Date and Pattern:
The dates for the two online tests are not yet decided by the IAF for both the Groups X & Y. Both the tests would be an objective based, multiple choice questions. To finish both Phase-I and Phase-II online tests, the candidates who will apply for only Group X post will have 60 minutes to finish Those who will apply for Group Y only will have 45 minutes to finish and those who will apply for both Group X & Y will have 85 minutes to finish the exam.
Each question in both the online examinations will carry 1 mark and 0.25 mark shall be deducted for every wrong answer marked by the candidate. All the candidates have to qualify in each subject and overall as well to clear the online tests.
- For Group X applicants only, the syllabus for both the examination will comprise of English, Physics, and Mathematics which will be based on 10+2 CBSE standard.
- For Group Y applicants, the syllabus for both the examination will comprise of English based on 10+2 CBSE standard.
- For applicants applying for both Group X & Y, the syllabus for both the examination will comprise of English, Physics, and
- Mathematics based on 10+2 CBSE standard and also Reasoning and General Awareness.
Admit Card Download Date
As of now, there has been no particular date or period announced for the download of the admit card for the online tests. But, the tentative month for the issue of the admit card for the Phase-I online test in September. The admit card for the Phase-II online test will be available for download once the results of the Phase-I test is declared.
How To Download The Admit Card?
The admit card for both Group X & Y will be sent to every candidate’s registered personal email i.d. But, the provisional admit card can be downloaded by the candidates under the candidates log in page on CASB web portal i.e. airmenselection.cdac.in, the steps for which are explained below.
- Visit the above mentioned official recruitment website.
- Search for a hyperlink titled “IAF Airmen Recruitment Admit Card.”
- Click on this hyperlink which will lead you to a login page.
- Now, on this login page, you need to log in with your credentials, which are mainly your Registration Number and your Date of Birth.
- Your admit card for the online test will appear on your screen. Cross-check all the details printed on your admit card like your name, address, date of birth, examination date, center and time, etc.
At the end, download your admit card and then take a print out of it.
Documents To Be Carried Along With The Admit Card
A candidate has to carry the following documents at the examination center for both the tests. both in original and a copy of it to establish his identity with his admit card.
For Phase-I Test Only
Colour printout of the online application form.
Anyone of the Government I.D. proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s I.D.
For Phase-II Test Only
- Colour printout of the online application form.
- Anyone of the Government I.D. proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s I.D.
- Eight copies of unattested passport size photographs, preferably the one which has been uploaded at the time of registration.
- Four self-attested photocopies of Matriculation Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet as well.
- Four self-attested photocopies of Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent Examination Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet as well OR Four self-attested photocopies of Three Years Diploma Course Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet as well.
Examination Result Date and Cut-Off Marks
The result of both Phase-i and II will be declared after 25 days from the date of examination and the cut-off marks to qualify in both the tests will also be declared after the examination on the basis of the overall performance of the candidates in the test